- Improves exercise tolerance, power output and stamina
- Improves endurance by about 15%
- Improves focus and mental alertness
- Increases the willingness to exercise
- Contains anti-cancer agents
- Rich in antioxidants and contains beneficial polypehonols including resveretrol and quercetin
Beetroot is known to boost your energy and stamina, and to make the muscles work harder than usual.
It is often recommended to athletes. Consuming beetroot in any form before a race can really improve one’s performance.
Also, it reduces the negative effects that physical exercise might have on the body.
The vegetable is a rich source of vitamins: it has vitamin A, B6, B12, and C. It also contains important amounts of potassium, magnesium, sodium, iron, folic acid and betaine.
Beetroot is also good for the liver.